We organise workplace assessments for business, organisations and employers. This is often where there is a suspected learning need. Alternatively we might work with you on your selection processes.
An assessment typically involves:
- Initial contact with manager or referrer to gather background information and clarify your requirements.
- Organising appropriate needs assessments with an Educational Psychologist.
- Completing a background questionnaire
- Participating with a number of cognitive (problem solving) tests, together with further literacy related (reading and spelling) tests (lasting up to 2 hours.) Assessment is conducted in a relaxed and friendly way that is comfortable for you.
- Adults with dyslexia, dyspraxia and other needs are usually shown a strengths and weakness profile.
- A report with recommendations is provided within 10 days outlining reasonable workplace adjustments and recommendations.
Advice and Support
- Feedback after assessments and an explanation of dyslexia symptoms found from testing.
- Dyslexia awareness sessions lead by an Educational Psychologist for disability officers, welfare officers or HR departments, either at our office or at your workplace. Courses and briefings which can include an explanation of what dyslexia is and how it can affect individuals, an outline of the skills and abilities of dyslexic people, presenting strategies for both individuals and managers to make adjustments and overcome the problems in the work place. This can also be organised for other learning difficulties.
- Support (cognitive behavioural and/or solution focused approaches) for staff (e.g. for anxiety or public speaking).
- Telephone advice for employers and employees.
- Consultancy service for employers.